Friday, January 4, 2008

What a glare!

Cool blue look? Not cool at all...

I was on my way back from my apartment in Puchong to my parent's house in KL a few nights ago, and had this stupid car behind me. What i mean stupid here is not because i hate the car (it was a Myvi by the way, which i don't like that much), no. It was because the owner had changed the bulbs of the front headlamps with the 'HID' type, the ones that has that cool blue look.

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work. Although it does look cool to have blue lights, for heaven's sake, don't go around following other people's bumper to make them blind. The problem with these sort of bulb change/modification is that your headlamp cluster isn't designed to reflect the lights properly to the desired spot (aka THE ROAD). What's more, the blokes who changed it for you or you DIY-ing it won't bother to re-align the headlamps after the change.

So to my utter disgrace, that car had it's light changed (bad), not recalibrated/realigned (bad) and i have a terrible problem with glare (seriously bad). Mind you, i was screaming inside every time one of this 'cooled' headlamp modified car follows my back, worst still coming from the front. To you guys out there, here's a tip or two:

1. Align the headlamps after the change.
2. Better still, buy the complete HID kit. The ones which require you to change your whole headlamp. It's available for most mass market models.
3. Best, save your damn money and get a car that comes with it. It will be a tried and tested version and won't kill anyone (like me).

My question is: Do you have to?

Arrgh (# _ #)@@@

No comments: