Saturday, January 19, 2008

Latest artwork, but with a twist~

I went to IIUM a few days back to do my clearance for graduation. Although the process was painstakingly irritating, but one or two things help me to cool off, though not much...

One of it was the IIUM mosque. It has been a few months since i last came and prayed there, and i know that this is one of the place which i will miss in IIUM. Seeing it from a non-student point of view, i really appreciate the whole simplicity and comfort that was designed into it. Wished i had gone there a bit more during the student days...

Second, was the surroundings. And this i don't mean the other buildings, landscapes or such (though there are some nice scenery in IIUM), but the ladies. Don't get me wrong. i wasn't ogling over every lady that pass by me. It's just that in such a way, although IIUM requires the Muslim female students to wear it, the scarfs worn by the sisters made them look better, more mature and more importantly, beautiful. Add the fact that the choice of scarfs on offer made them also bang up to date in fashion terms, it had me inspired to try a hand on creating an artwork slightly different from my normal ones. I must say, i'm quite pleased with the outcome, but who am i to decide.


Hope that i can try to do this in parallel to my other artworks~~~
@(* 0 *)@

1 comment:

Uswah said...

wah wah! comeynya katun2 tuh! lukis sendri ek? tere2..
hehe.. budak pempuan uia mmg lawo2 pun.. hahahaha..