Friday, January 25, 2008

Figures affected by fatigue?

Some of the figures in my collection are starting to show signs of fatigue. To all of you engineers out there, you should know what fatigue is. To those of you not with engineering background, ask your engineering friends since i couldn't be bothered to type it here. (Nice!)

Anyway, the worst affected figure is my Tohsaka Rin in maid uniform. Okay2, it isn't as bad as it sounds but having seen the change from when it was first bought up till now, it's worrying me a bit. Shown below is the effect of fatigue on it. When brand new, the skirt/apron was properly positioned in her hands. Now, it isn't.


There are two factors which i think are contributing to this:
1. Gravity and design: She has too much weight being offset due to the selected pose.
2. Heat: Since my apartment isn't air-conditioned, the pvc soften up when it gets warm and made her deform.

I do hope i can find a way to manage this. If not, then i'll have to pack her back into her box... or put her in the fridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoi, beli display cupboard la. kedap udara. sejuk di dalam. komfem figurine anda sihat.

Anonymous said...

She's aging man... that's natural.
I think plastic surgery would be a big help.
want me to do it for ya? i can change her to 'datch waifu' if u want...with double stripes of course, haha!