Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quickie - 19/5/2009

Hmmmm... still early. Got in the office very very early today. Odd, but good since i can put something up here~

Heard on the radio this morning that 69 of all of the passengers aboard the AirAsia plane to Penang with the Influenza A suspect have yet to come up and surrender themselves to the authorities for monitoring. And as usual, being Malaysians, i'm quite sure there out there somewhere in hiding. Too scared to face the truth and too selfish to care.

I wonder what they're thinking? Could it be; A. "I'm scared. I don't want to know if I've been infected and what they'll do to me if I am...", or (which i think is more, shall we say, realistic?) B. " I don't care if I'm infected or not. If I am, then I don't care if the other people of Malaysia suffers as well".

Look guys, don't turn this into a big issue. Why the authorities are doing so is to protect you and everyone around. Even if you are infected, they'll do their best to heal you. That's it. Why is it so hard for you to surrender yourselves? Look at the people around you, your loved ones. If you ARE infected, do you want them to be the first to get it from you??? C'mon! As Russel Peters said in one of his stage acts; Be a man! (or woman)

Please, i beg you to go. Get the medical attention you deserve and if you do fall in the process, people will recognise your bravery to avoid the other Malaysians from getting it. And to those that have done so.... i thank and salute you~

No comments: